Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Fire Hydrants of Saint-Antoine-sur-Richelieu, QC

A few years ago, while making a tour of villages from the Quebec's Most Beautiful Villages list  (Les plus beaux villages du Québec) we found ourselves in Saint-Antoine-sur-Richelieu. What I remember about it four years later is that every single fire hydrant in that village is painted and in a different way. Most of them are various characters, which makes so much sense: I myself, when I look at ordinary fire hydrants I always see people in them.

I don't know if this was a community project at Saint-Antoine-sur-Richelieu or just a private initiative, but not a single fire hydrant was missed! One day I'll come back and take picture of all of them, but for now here are 8 that I photographed then.









No comments:

Post a Comment